12/04/2008

men are insightful

Men are so insightful.
Sam and Marty have been trying to convince me to buy things from them as they are starting an new business. While Sam is explaining the infinite possibilities of the "i touch", Marty is trying hard to say the same thing, only Sam is more animated, so he wins...this time.
But that didn't stop Marty form trying..."Marie, marie, marie, marie, marie..."What is it Marty!! I demand. "Sorry. He says, my ram wasn't fast enough". Oh, that explains the monotone repetition.

Pop corn is all I've eaten for two days. Why? because there is no more bread for peanut butter and molasses sandwiches. The situation looks pretty bleak. I just stopped myself from pouring pop corn into my coffee cup, the coffee machine was right by the pop corn pot, and I'm clearly not in my right mind without peanut butter.
So Sam's been mad at me all morning. You can always tell Sam is mad when he answers you with rhetorical questions. Right now his belly is the only thing keeping him from being sucked into the computer.
Sam's insight..."some times your a real pain". I wasn't doing anything, just sitting here eating pop corn with a cup of joe. But knowing Sam there is a reason for this sudden open heart.
What makes you say that? I ask sweetly. "Cause, some times you'll be all fun and laughing, then you'll be all serious, sitting there with those eyes.
I look to my beloved brother trying to see if maybe he can make sense of Sams "insight".
Martin agrees... yeah, some times you'll be all "Sam, where is the formula??
I jog my memory, maybe they both have gone insane and are confusing me for my sister, then I realized it was me after all. I did ask for the baby formula... it was me...how could I have been so cruel as to ask Sam for the baby formula. "I'm sorry Sam, the baby was screaming and hungry and, and... there's no point. I am ashamed. But at least Sam got that off his chest. We can go on being friends now.


Obscure... why do they catch me asking for formula but don't even flinch when Steph says aloud. "I'm going to the car to get the strap on!
Just so you all know, steph uses a "Strap on" baby carrier for little Aidan. I guess well all just accept that in good faith.

Um comentário:

thisisme disse...

Heheh

My ram wasn't fast enough

Such a Marty thing to say.